2013 Jetta Hybrid Anyone have to get a new Transmission put in yet?

Discussion in 'VW Jetta hybrid forum' started by Ant, Sep 15, 2015.

1. I800C0LLECT

I800C0LLECT Member

I emailed my dealership but still awaiting response....
  2. whyknot1

whyknot1 Member

I have a 2013 and it was not recalled. the recent letter is just a service reminder
  3. Bossless

Bossless Member

I thought all 2013's were recalled. What is your production month?
  4. Rick G

Rick G New Member

I bought a Certified Used 2013 Hybrid a couple of months ago with 9500 miles on it. At 11500 miles I started noticing gear noise and about three weeks ago. The Engine was pulled and the transmission replaced under warranty. Other than this problem, I have no complaints with the car.
  5. I800C0LLECT

I800C0LLECT Member

Oh wow...that's crazy. Maybe these DQ200's weren't ironed out before they hit our shores
  6. whyknot1

whyknot1 Member

9/12
  7. whyknot1

whyknot1 Member

8. Bossless

Bossless Member

You have one of the early ones. Perhaps it did not come with the synthetic transmission fluid. Interesting. Does your manual call for transmission servicing at 40K miles? Mine didn't. Well after the recall which replaced the synthetic fluid, the manual was amended.
  9. Raz

Raz New Member

Mine was part of the recall but I bought it certified with 900 miles on it.so dealer said it was fixed but idk. I have Not seen anything about the dsg fluid change. Do you have a copy of the letter??

sorry new here hello everyone!!!
  10. Bossless

Bossless Member

I don't still have a copy of the letter but here is a copy of the insert to the maintenance manual.

Attached Files:

11. Raz

Raz New Member

Awesome thanks!!
  12. whyknot1

whyknot1 Member

yes I have the same insert
  13. whyknot1

whyknot1 Member

I wa told by my dealer its about$400 to do the service
  14. Bossless

Bossless Member

Is that for just the transmission fluid change or a total 40K mile service?
  15. whyknot1

whyknot1 Member

just fluid change
  16. Bossless

Bossless Member

Wow. That will mean that a 40K mile service will run $800 or more. So much for economy.
  17. I800C0LLECT

I800C0LLECT Member

Doh! That was a big upside coming from the dq250. Ooh well
  18. Bossless

Bossless Member

I just wonder if VW by making a change like this after production has some responsibility for the financial impact. Going from lifetime fluid to a $400 cost every 40K miles impacts vehicle cost of use.
  19. I800C0LLECT

I800C0LLECT Member

I've been wondering that myself. That's always been a big highlight of the dq200... Zero maintenance. I'm really tired of the TDI forum threads where people are speculating what they're entitled. But equally... Makes you wonder about this circumstance where the dq200 wasn't even designed for any kind of wrench turning.
  20. Bossless

Bossless Member

Yes. This is a design glitch by VW where the cost is being passed on to the car owner. As long as the car is under warranty a complaint could be filed with the BBB. In anticipation of this I brought this up in a previous complaint with the BBB, but the VW rep said there was no change in transmission service, which was true at the time. My logic was that changing from a synthetic fluid to a petroleum based fluid would require more maintenance. However, at that time VW would not acknowledge that logic for this transmission. I think I still have a record of that, but even if I don't BBB should.