2013 Jetta Hybrid Anyone have to get a new Transmission put in yet?

Discussion in 'VW Jetta hybrid forum' started by Ant, Sep 15, 2015.

1. DakotaHoosier

DakotaHoosier New Member

2. Eric

Eric New Member

I bought 2013 hybrid 20,000 miles, and had mechtronics replaced within a year , now I'm needing a new one again less than a year later, is there any recourse I can take on this , I'm afraid they replace this one I'll be back in another year or probably right after the warranty is up. 42,000 miles currently
  3. StuartQF

StuartQF New Member

This is exactly what I started to experience in the last two weeks. I'm at 66,000km. I had the DSG fluid changed per the service addendum (reasonable cost btw, I probably won't chase VW Canada over $150!)

To address the not staying in e-mode complaint, they scanned the vehicle and found a transmission sensor (fluid temp or fluid pressure, I can't remember) sending an implausible signal and performed a software update that eliminated the errors. Handed the car back to me at the end of the day, but I'm still having the same issue. It's going back in on Friday.

I read a few posts on vwvortex of people having the same issue. It appears one of the them had their mechatronics unit replaced after it was found to have a bad valve. Glad I bought an extended warranty...
  4. Finnegan Again

Finnegan Again New Member

Wow! Had no idea. Conspiracy theories aside, we have 2013 Jetta hybrid with 64k miles, with replaced "clutch" on transmission (the one that tells other motor to turn on), service debacle with vacuum "pump" part that was almost billed to us ( transmission would no longer shift to electric motor, we paid for one part about 450) and now car is back to have the transmission replaced. We're patiently waiting for them to stiff us with the 5k bill for it. No mention of recall, no recall notice, not one word about there ever being one was made to either of us. Really upset and feel maybe an attorney is needed at this point. Mileage has never gone over 37 either average, or long term average. Found a bunch of threads about issues with transmissions, and more of a concern, service quality & deception. So frustrating. Think I'm just venting, however, it's probably a good idea to keep in touch. Such a shame, we all bought these hoping to contribute to less gas use, better for planet etc. and they're fun, but not when it doesn't work. That's not the fun part.
  5. Finnegan Again

Dbl checked vin, ours is not on recall list. So this means we have " the" defective transmission, yet we will probably have to fight to get it covered. What fun. I didn't mention they offered rather exuberantly to trade it at full value for a new model. That's making sense now.
  6. I800C0LLECT

I800C0LLECT Member

Let's get back to that trade in offer...did they give you a number? What was it?
  7. Finnegan Again

8. Finnegan Again

That's before they know if VW will cove cost. Sales person said they would make the deal without repair work being done. Sort of pushing it. "I'll do the deal before we know if VW will cover your costs". It's like they want the problem to go away.
  9. I800C0LLECT

I800C0LLECT Member

Oh geez. That's laughable. I thought the dq200 was going to be great. I wish we could have had the dq250 instead though. I haven't had any troubles as of yet and everything I've read seems to indicate that the transmission had a harder time in suburban and city traffic. That's completely subjective reasoning though
  10. Wagenloco

Wagenloco New Member

So, the engine shudder came back again on my 2014 SEL (after they replaced the dogbone mount and the inclination sensor back in October), just took it for service and they're replacing the transmission, off course the parts have to be imported from Germany and some are on back-order, I won't get the car back until the first week in June.
  11. I800C0LLECT

I800C0LLECT Member

The only time I had the shudder was after a 6 hour drive in the winter. It happened in stop and go traffic traveling less than 10mph.

I think the clutches were overheating but already heat saturated from the long drive. I think that was around the 2K mile mark or 5K even? At 33K now...*crosses fingers*
  12. StuartQF

StuartQF New Member

Aaaand I've got the car back after the mechatronics module was replaced. Working normally now!
  13. cbumcrot

cbumcrot New Member

14. whyknot1

whyknot1 Member

I just made an appointment for my 40,000 service. I got new pricing $289.95 for transmission service and $149.95 for sparks plus. I change my own cabin filter and the engine filter gets changed at 60,000. My original quote was $400 for tranny and 250 for spark plugs. I am having this done next thursday so I will post the outcome after
  15. cdrussell

cdrussell Member

How did you get them down from the original quote or did you go to a different dealer?
  16. I800C0LLECT

I800C0LLECT Member

I spoke with the service manager at priority vw in Chester, VA and I'm getting the transmission done for $150. I do trust them and their work.

Recently, making a left hand turn, my gas motor failed to come on. The epc and battery light came on. I unhooked the battery to test it at the AutoZone across the street that I limped into and it reset the ecu. Service department said it was a software glitch that was known. So they pushed the latest software update. They're supposed to email specifics regarding the matter but I was in and out with no hassle or paperwork
  17. whyknot1

whyknot1 Member

different dealer. But I will now see about getting it done for your price. I am in Alt Ga
  18. I800C0LLECT

I800C0LLECT Member

As an aside...my mpg seems up since the software update
  19. StuartQF

StuartQF New Member

I'm not sure if it's the software update or the new mechatronics module but fuel economy has improved as well. It's only been about a thousand kilometers so I don't have enough data to say for certain but it does seem that way
  20. I800C0LLECT

I800C0LLECT Member

Mine is subjective too. But I left my car running cold waiting on my wife and son. Then we stopped at the gas station and let it idle while I got everybody a drink. I was still able to to achieve 43mpg on the mfd after arriving at work. I'm usually struggling to get to 40. I typically don't get into the 30's for mpg doing a quick milk run either...and for some reason it's been hitting that easy. I should start grabbing fuely data again