40,000 mile service

Discussion in 'VW Jetta hybrid forum' started by whyknot1, Apr 26, 2016.

1. whyknot1

whyknot1 Member

i am the original owner of a 2013 jetta hybrid sel. I have almost 40,000 miles and decided tocall the dealer for a quote on the srvice. The first 3 at 10,000 each were free. I got a quote of over $1100.00 the transmission fluid change was $370 the spark plugs were $248.00 the balance was oil; change,filter, cabin and engine filter, wiper blades, rotate balance and align wheels etc. Any thoughts
  2. pitterchi

pitterchi New Member

40k service is the big one for the Jetta Hybrid. DSG service and Spark Plugs kills it. I would definitely shop around but you probably will want the dealer to do the DSG service (transmission)
  3. Bossless

Bossless Member

VW has now reversed themselves and sent out a supplement that states the hybrid transmission fluid does not have to be changed ever. It is back like it was before the recall when the original fluid was synthetic. Go figure.
  4. cdrussell

cdrussell Member

I wonder if you just recently paid to have your transmission fluid changed at the dealer in accordance with the maintenance schedule that you could get your money back.
  5. Bossless

Bossless Member

I think you could make a case for reimbursement because VW says that an error was responsible for ordering the change. Fortunately, I held off on getting mine changed because I calculated the 40000 miles from the time of the recall fluid change. I still wonder about the non-synthetic oil lasting for the life of the car. Maybe it has something to do with the hybrid application.