Audi a6 hybrid may not come to US

Discussion in 'Audi Q5, Audi A6 hybrid forum' started by voltron, Jun 11, 2011.

1. voltron

voltron Administrator and Defender of the Universe Staff Member

As of mid 2011, it looks like the Audi A6 hybrid may not come to the US or Canada. At this point, it looks like it's going to be a Euro only car. It does have some compromises like being front wheel drive only, but overall it did fill a luxury hybrid niche. This may change as developments unfold.
  2. voltron

Update to this post as of July 2011: It looks like the Audi A6 hybrid WILL come to North America but it will be a delayed introduction from its European 2012 date. It could come 2013 or during 2014.
  3. voltron

As another update to this post as of August 2011: Car and driver is reporting that the Audi A6 hybrid WILL come to NA for 2012. Probably calendar year 2012, so model year 2013.
  4. briando

briando New Member

like i said before, few people understand the idea of what a hybrid is really for. it is supposed to save you money. but, if the money you save on gas is less than what you pay for your audi hybrid over a normal model, then you're spending more for less power just for the sake of being a bragger. do the math
  5. briando

briando New Member

i'm confused, is the A6 hybrid going to come to canada at all? because if it does i have to assume the transfer laws there aren't nearly as bad as overseas. There might even be a crazy enough dealer that could do it for you, i dont know, but its nice to know i have options.