Trade 2013 TDI for 2013 Hybrid?

Discussion in 'VW Jetta hybrid forum' started by Brandon, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Brandon

Brandon New Member

Hi all! I just registered to the forum to ask a couple questions. I have a 2013 Jetta TDI 6spd. Love it to bits. Over the 8 months I've had it, until now, lifetime average has been 44.3mpg. I do about 75% highway driving. Now with dieselgate, if VW gives me a good enough offer(plus the $5,000 on top), I think I'll take advantage of the buyback program, since I'll never see that amount of money for this car ever again. I want to stay in the VW family, and am tinkering with the idea of owning a Hybrid. I miss features that my previous 2015 Golf had, before I had to lemon law it, such as dual zone climate control, HID headlights, Navigation, Fender Audio, etc...things my Jetta does not have, but the Hybrids for sale in my area...DO HAVE. My mind is all over the place, there are GTI's for a good deal, a couple Phaetons, and a few W8 Passats. So I just can't decide! Since I do mostly highway driving(about 70 miles a day) should I just cross the Hybrid off my list since it's meant for in town driving and the battery would never be in use?
  2. cdrussell

cdrussell Member

Don't know if you can match the mileage you are getting with your TDI (probably not, but close). I like all the features that came with my hybrid and it is definitely fun to drive. If you do decide to go with the hybrid, I'd try to get a 14 or newer. Seems there are more problems with the 2013s, but it could be just because they have been on the road longer. I haven't had any issues with my 2014 (yet).
  3. whyknot1

whyknot1 Member

I am the original owner of a 2013 Hybrid SEL. I have not had an issue and now have 40,000 miles
  4. voltron

voltron Administrator and Defender of the Universe Staff Member

IMHO, see what kind of money they offer and then make a decision. It's just a car and if you can get $$ for it, you can buy another car.
  5. I800C0LLECT

I800C0LLECT Member

I miss the '12 Jetta TDI but I got out of that after I deployed and the engine ingested water from the intercooler condensation building up. I couldn't let me wife try to figure that out on her own...plus the possibility of a bad hpfp got into my head. I don't regret it at all. Can't wait for an opportunity to get back into a diesel though :)

Those hybrids should be fairly good pricing too! My wife has a '12 Passat TDI and I'm kind of hoping this trade in deal is a show stopper. Looking forward to the possibility of a '17 Tiguan Diesel