VW E-Golf all electric Golf official pricing and specs, range will be 80-90 miles.

Discussion in 'VW e-Golf, Golf hybrid, and Audi A3 e-tron forum' started by voltron, Aug 25, 2014.

1. voltron

voltron Administrator and Defender of the Universe Staff Member

The official pricing for the E-Golf has been released for the US. It's $35,445 + $820 destination. This is the all electric drive Golf. The highlights are a range of between 70-90 miles, LED headlights with dynamic range adjustment, F+R parking sensors, and the XDS electronic front differential. It includes the regular highline options like dual zone climate, rear view camera, and KESSY. The navigation system is the midline 5.8" display and oddly enough, it doesn't have a leather interior but v-tex leatherette (vinyl). It can get an 80% charge in 30 minutes with their fast charger.

This car doesn't have a gas engine or use any fuel other than electricity.

My earlier estimate of $33-36,000 was pretty accurate if I may pat myself on the back ;): http://forum.evwaudi.com/threads/vw-golf-hybrid-price-in-us-after-federal-income-tax-credits.201/ I won't count the destination fee though. The federal tax credit will be $4,585 if you round up the battery capacity to the nearest whole number, $4,168 if you round down. Therefore, the final price after tax credits IF you pay MSRP will be between $31,680-32,097.

It'll include 115 hp, 199 lb-ft electric motor, 1-speed transmission, 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery; 7.2kW onboard charger; DC fast charging (SAE Combined Charging System); 3 driver-selectable regeneration modes; 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels; front and rear disc brakes; electric parking brake; ESC; XDS Cross Differential system; electrically heated windshield; power adjustable and heatable exterior mirrors; rear window wiper and washer system; heated front washer nozzles; LED headlights with dynamic headlight range adjustment and LED DRLs; body color exterior mirror caps, moldings, door handles and bumpers; front center armrest; front and rear carpeted floormats; comfort seats; V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces w/ front manual lumbar support; tilt and telescope steering column; split folding rear seats with center armrest and pass-through; heatable front seats; Climatronic® automatic dual-zone A/C; power windows w/ one-touch up/down on all windows; Keyless access; cruise control; leather-wrapped handbrake, shifter knob, and multifunction steering wheel; LED reading lights; touchscreen radio/navigation system w/8 speakers, CD, MDI with iPod integration, Bluetooth connectivity, and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio; VW Car-Net connected services; front and rear Park Distance Control; rearview camera; dual front airbags, driver and front passenger, front side airbags, Side Curtain Protection® system for front and rear passengers; Automatic Post-Collision Braking System.