When has your dealer said you can take delivery of a 2013 VW Jetta hybrid?

Discussion in 'VW Jetta hybrid forum' started by voltron, Dec 31, 2010.

1. voltron

voltron Administrator and Defender of the Universe Staff Member

Hi, I know that some dealers will take deposits on hot cars even before they are released. Has anyone put down a deposit and what kind of information has your dealer told you about the car?
  2. voltron

Any updates on this? Dealers will start to take deposits around now and the 2012 models will start to show up in around 6 months (August-September)
  3. rachel

rachel Guest

I put a deposit on one 2 weeks ago. It is already at the dock in the US and was supposed to be delivered to the dealer on November 15. Then I got a call from the dealer saying their regional manager said end of November. Now I am being told it will be more like mid to end of December.
  4. tomo366

tomo366 Member

The dealer I went to in Maryland was delivering a Platinum Gray SEL as I was going out for a test drive in a Black SEL it is a Nice car!I had never driven a Hybrid to that point .
  5. tomo366

tomo366 Member

I am a TDI Person have been for 15 years.....I love them!! My 2010 Sportwagen TDI is a great car! However for the last 3 years my driving is 85% city!! the lifetime average MPG of the Sportwagen is 33.5 The Jetta Hybrid is cool and different! So hopefully in about 10 days a 2013 Jetta Hybrid will reside at my house!
  6. voltron

Please post any initial impressions! You're the first I've heard of anyone buying one of these since they're so new.
  7. David B

David B Guest

We're looking at the new Jetta Hybrid to replace our '03 diesel bug with 100+K miles. We're so used to 40 mph that getting a hybrid is almost a definite solution. Diesels are great if you do a lot of hwy driving, but we're doing more city driving now. Again, the hybrid is a better solution. Now, we're researching warranties. The Toyota Prius has a better warranty, but not the fun factor of the Jetta. Now that one of you are driving the Jetta Hybrid, I'd like to read your views.
  8. tomo366

tomo366 Member

I have had mine 2013 Jetta Hybrid SEL premium for a week now!! Loving it so far!!
  9. bthesing

bthesing Guest

We have had an SEL Premium since Jan 2, 2013. We are not seeing anything near the sticker mileage of 42 city and 48 highway. Can you share what kind of mileage you are seeing in real world conditions?
  10. tomo366

tomo366 Member

1 tank......36.8 I believe the cold weather has an effect.....and the car has no miles yet so I am not ready to throw in the Towel yet
    My driving is all intown and the lifetime average on my Jetta Wagen was 33.8.......